onsdag 9 juli 2014

Pom Pom: Jeffrey Archer translations.

Jeffrey Archer: "If you make an agreement with an idiot, do not be surprised if the result is idiotic."

The Finns are totally crazy about the Brits and everything related to them. You can tell a say in the plain, midweek English, even slang translated into a fine Finnish upper class, therefore the most preferable.

My favorite one was Jeffrey Archer, when I read the Finnish or the English. I read one of his books into Swedish. My Swedish level is the fact that ONE word in the entire book was predictable. I said that the book was not a trace of written brilliance, which I was used to this writer's case. It was quite common in Swedish, of course, a good and smooth, but not deluxe, the one that makes the book unique and admiration of the item. The book was Damm Förlagets Harrys sång. Help!

Swedish honesty shot my ideal. Fatally ? Time will tell.

Compares the average reader less they read the original language, but somehow this attitude affects the Finns to the fact that we think we are talking about very sensitive to a much better English than we speak.

Attention to this! Looking this way !

PS: Translations Jeffrey Archer's books in Finnish are great, I do not mean that the level should be calculated.

It is djust important to know what's going on.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar